We Are The Premier Provider Of Brass Fitting Restoration and Custom Designed Brass Hardware?
At Healy & Sons Brass fittings are restored and replicated by our fine family craftsmen. We machine, weld cast, and forge brass fittings and their hardware to preserve or restore the grandeur of historic landmark buildings. Without the proper maintenance, nothing lasts forever, even doors and hardware made of these most durable of metals. Hardware wears out, starting the process of deterioration:
- Hinges can wear, allowing doors to drag on the saddle and hit each other.
- Locksets wear out, or fail to function with displaced brass doors.
- Maintenance is too often shoddily done, causing worse damages in the future, for temporary fixes.
- A properly maintained brass or bronze door should last for many centuries.
- Building settlement can distort framing of headers and jambs, causing great damage to doors if ignored.